Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Hugging a crip! Royal training! and a Pink Flamingo

So, as an Irish woman who is a wheelchair user I'm well used to patronizing shite in the public space.

I'm used to the 'look' of passersby who convey 'Oh God poor you' on their faces and seem to feel they need to 'award' you with that caring, saccharine smile, after all - you POOR, POOR Crip!

I'm used to being given the change left in the slot of snack/drinks machines

I'm used to having people lean on my wheelchair as if I'm there as some prop for their weary body.

I'm used to the politicians photo op with the Crip outside Leinster House. Its good media - for them.

I'm used to 'freebies' - "Oh no don't bother - I've paid" , when all I want to do is scream "I can sodding pay myself you ableist prick".  God. if I said that, I'd be rounded on as a very rude, ungrateful crip!  Not exactly 'understanding' that my position in life is to praise all good deeds of 'normal' people towards us crips.

In fact in the last year I've been hung drawn and quartered for arguing Charities should be banned, 'special-needs' as a term for disabled children should be banned and that disabled children should not have to use an accessible swing fixed facing a brick wall! (I was banned from a community forum for saying that).  How dare this crip offend non-crips doing good deeds.

I'm used to being screamed at for challenging non-disabled people parking in blue badge parking spaces. (How dare I challenge a non-disabled law-breaking person!)

I'm used to our health service - the HSE - treating me as if I don't have Human Rights at all - and particularly not a right to health care!

So I can safely say - as an ungrateful crip  - what I'm now going to say will be equally greeted as a 'crip-with-a-chip' outburst.

The Royal family in the UK are training their sprogs in ableist behaviors very, very well. Congratulations. Isn't it so NICE for a 'wheelchair bound woman' and 'wheelchair bound twins' to be given sweet little hugs from the Royal family's tiddlers. Wasn't this the cutest thing the poor crips could get? Oh soooooooooooooooo sweet!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/royals/video-2076434/Video-Adorable-moment-Princess-Charlotte-hugs-wheelchair-bound-royal-fan.html

Weren't the crips honoured by the Royal Sprogs who dared to even touch - (Oh God - did they?) Yes, they DID, they touched those disabled commoners!  WOW! WOW and WOW, WOW, WOW!

And WHO, may I ask , decided 'all crips to the front' at Sandrigham, just so photographers could get this coup of a pic 'a Royal Sprog hugging a Crip'?   Stage managed patronizing shite.  Its called exploitation. USE those 'poor' front rowers for a good publicity shot. Make absolutely sure the Royal tiddlers are pictured doing their Royal 'DUTY' so everyone knows they be GOOD Royal ableists.

Its true, or seems to be true, the disabled Royalists seemed to get a great buzz out of Royal Sprog hugs...I personally would not put myself in that position. I would not ALLOW myself to be used to promote ableist Royal agendas or anyone else's agenda.

No-one is allowed hug me so they can somehow work through their charily on any given day, no matter how Royal or 'Stationed' person they be. I'm hard pressed to lick anyone arse if truth be told and I'm punished for not doing so.

I'm not blaming the Sprogs - they are being 'trained' like little dogs to do ableist things. They don't understand the rules from our side of the fence. Or rather from those disabled people's side of the fence who have 'seen the light' of the ableist agenda. For not all disabled people see it. The light switch has not been triggered.

I feel like going to the woman who gave away her lucky pink flamingo to a Royal, privileged sprog because 'Oh God the Royal Sprog was so 'nice' to me!' and trying to switch on the light bulb... Well it was a nice thing to do....to give sprog the pink flamingo,,,yes...a nice thing to do.... but why? It was YOUR lucky pink flamingo.  YOU loved that Pink Flamingo....

Its a very sad day for Disability. a sad, sad day. How a HUG of disabled people by a Royal Sprog is seen as the best bloody thing since fried bread. Almost a miracle.

and, lets not forget, it was the Royal Sprog's 'firm' who knighted IDS for killing British disabled people through benefit cuts. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/29/iain-duncan-smith-knighthood-welfare-britain

So Royal 'messages' abound this Christmas for the brits, and disabled brits... all you'll get from Royalty is a hug and you'll lose your favourite Pink Flamingo because you won't know... They don't really CARE about you. Its simply the Royal Christmas 'show'.  A publicity stunt !

1 comment:

  1. Just glad I hadn't eaten before reading this Ann...I might have thrown up!!! Excellent rant!

    ReplyDelete