Sunday, November 10, 2013

strong in my weak places -like him!


double buggy picture removed.

Now there is companionship.  Double mobility scooters for loved ones.  I love it.  I see the manufacturer is in CHINA!   and we think we are progressive?

What does it say?  say to me?  It tells me that all disabled people need a companion.  A 'soul mate'
and 'soul-mates' need not be a married partner.  it can be your neighbour, your friend, your family member.  but we all need someone! especially those living alone.

being disabled, being ill, especially 'becoming disabled/ill' is very difficult.  there are no 'rule books' no templates on how to survive emotionally , physically or spiritually. it is especially difficult to do it alone. I have not yet reached the stage of believing 'life' is crazily wonderful in this state of blighted body. maybe you never do...I don't yet know if it's possible. no-one has told me it is, when support is non-existent and you can't make anyone (HSE) hear!  But there's only one way to do it I guess...

...grasp every minute of life you have.  easier said than done as I sit here wondering how to get my day going. 11am, not dressed, not washed and just wanting to go back to bed...no that is not a solution. one has to 'live'. 

and here is a story designed to make you feel just a little guilty for the inertia, for the sitting around pondering.  a man who is living...a story of sheer guts, determination and strong in the weak places!

I want to be strong in my weak places....like him


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2494162/The-doctors-told-let-Simon-die-Instead-tried-baby--ended-twins--The-inspirational-film-maker-refused-accept-death-sentence-Motor-Neurone-Disease.html

No comments:

Post a Comment