Monday, September 30, 2013

Getting one 'house' in order

There are times one tries to change the world.  Well younger people do, that's what young people should do... but I am no longer young and though I am not fully 'spent', the energy is sapped and snapped and wanting. So what can I change...today!?

There is one 'house' worth working on as from this house all springs; focus, ideas, motivation and possibly enough energy to change things still.

this 'house' is my body.  this rather fatter body than years past needs tackling.  Not for vanity or image or idealised style of femininity.  That has never been a priority. But I have erred, and erred badly ...the 'body house', is THE most important of our resources. we cannot, must not, neglect our bodies.

What we eat, what we do, exercise, and all things 'healthy' are not frivolous pursuits or to be taken for granted.

If the 'body house' fails then all else fails, like a stack of cards built in our childhood as houses, they will topple and fall...flat on the ground. Never to be built up again. That is scary.  I hope I have not left it too late.

At 60 years old, nearly 61 (November) can this wrecked body be revived?  I think so.  And today I start. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step!

well I may not be going a thousand miles, nor even one, but a single step seems possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment